Certified Asbestos Removal
- Asbestos is a high-risk material that should only be removed and disposed of by Asbestos License Holders.
- Zero ASBESTOS is fully licensed and certified by key authorities for your complete peace of mind.
Our industry licenses and credentials include:
- A-Class Asbestos Removal License and B-Class Asbestos Removal License – all Zero Asbestos team members are licensed
- QBCC (Queensland Building and Construction Commission) licence (formerly BSA/QBSA)
- EPA (Environment Protection Authority) Licence
- Master Builders membership
- High-level Public Liability Insurance (PLI)
- Professional Indemnity
- WorkCover – Workers compensation insurance policy
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 Safety Compliance
- Capability Statement
- Associated members of various asbestos organisations
As you can see in the list above, there are two types of asbestos removal licences: Class A – Friable Asbestos and Class B – Non-Friable Asbestos / Bonded Asbestos.
Asbestos removal licences are issued under the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 and must be renewed every few years. This ensures that licensed asbestos removal companies are meeting all the required conditions.
Class A Asbestos Removal Licence
This covers us for removing any amount of friable asbestos – that is, material containing asbestos that is in powder form or can be crumbled, pulverised or reduced to a powder when dry. We ensure that this type of removal is directly supervised by a nominated supervisor.
Class B Asbestos Removal Licence
The Class B asbestos removal licence covers the removal of:
- More than 10 square metres of non-friable asbestos / bonded asbestos
- Any asbestos-contaminated dust or debris associated with the removal
It does not authorise the removal of friable asbestos so don’t let anyone tell you it does! Removal of friable asbestos requires a Class A licence.
Licensed Asbestos Removal
These days, with a greater understanding of the damage that can be done to the environment, the disposal of most building materials is controlled. When it comes to asbestos, probably the most dangerous building material of them all, the legislation is very strict.
Licensed Asbestos Removal demands serious compliance with industry standards and operating procedures. At Zero ASBESTOS, we were determined from the start to provide the very best and safest asbestos removal services in Queensland, and beyond.
We are fully licensed with all regulatory bodies and our team members are trained in all of the required fields. We strongly believe in up-skilling our staff so, wherever possible, we put them through Asbestos Supervisor and personal A-Class qualifications.
Not all asbestos removal companies do this but we want to ensure that our staff members have an advanced understanding of asbestos in all its forms, in all types of building.
Licensed Asbestos Removal on the Sunshine Coast
We have an established and trusted name on the Sunshine Coast and beyond for our licensed asbestos removal services. The fact that our company continues to expand and add new clients to the list is a testament to that.
Our safety record and safe work practices are impeccable, and our safe asbestos handling and management techniques are increasingly in demand.
Zero ASBESTOS started on the Sunshine Coast and, despite our ongoing growth, this is where we keep our head office.
Licensed Asbestos Removal in Brisbane
Due to demand for our services outside of the Sunshine Coast we have recently added a Brisbane office. Zero ASBESTOS now provides licensed asbestos removal in Brisbane, throughout Queensland and northern New South Wales.
If you would like to see a copy of any of our licenses, please contact us.